Fish fertilizer is an awesome product for promoting plant growth. It’s high in Nitrogen for growing plants, can be naturally produced, and is an awesome food for microbes! Fungi love this stuff. Fish fertilizer can be expensive in the store, but it is easily produced at home. This is a great recipe for making your own fish hydrolysate fertilizer. First lets look at the two main types of fish fertilizer:.
This method of making fish fertilizer is awesome because it is a cold process, chemical-free, completely organic way to make fish fertilizer right at home. While fish emulsion lacks beneficial ingredients vital to the final product, this fish hydrolysate recipe preserves all those active ingredients. You don’t want to miss out on those oils that microbes love. Try this recipe in the yard or in a raised bed garden.
- Use as a soil drench as opposed to foliar spray.
- Inoculate compost to boost fungal population. This is huge – major growth booster of fungus.
- Use in compost teas to boost fungal growth, add Nitrogen. Use at ¼ strength for this application(1/2 tbsp per gal).
- Mix in water when watering plants, as a natural fish fertilizer and to enhance populations of micro-organisms in the soil
- Mix with water for an effective protein/lacto boost for your animals. Some will really love the added flavor. Others will hate it.